Let me start this review by saying that there are few R&B singers out today that can really sing. I miss real R&B. I am talking from my generation chicas like Tamia, Monica, Brandy, Leela James, and Miss Chrisette herself. These ladies are very talented but they passed over for Rihanna, Ciara and Keri Hilson not of whom can sing to save their lives.
Anyway, here is the rundown on Epiphany
1. Epiphany (I’m Leaving) : Title song and the first release love the groove
2. Notebook : this one reminds of being young and in love
3. What You Do: Current Single and video is playing.
4. Blame It On Me: " There are no words to describe how I felt the first time I heard this song. She was previewing her album on the Steve Harvey morning show and she sang this song, OH MY GOD!
lyrics; Sometimes you can work it out, sometimes you can't, sometimes you're forced to watch everything fall apart, it's out of your hands. Sometimes leaving is easy, sometimes it ain't, sometimes it hurts to know the love you had is slowing fading away"
I am not gonna give you the chorus because you have to listen to it.
5. All I Ever Think About: This song reminds me of someone.
6. Playin’ Our Song
7. Another One: I like this one alot too
8. On My Own
9. Fragile
10. Mr. Right
11. Porcelain Doll: I listen to this song on a daily basis. Enough said
12. I’m Okay
This album is not full of hip hop cameos, I believe the only other person on the album is Neyo. If you haven't heard it please pay for it.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Music Review: Epiphany by Chrisette Michele
Posted by Carla(LoverofWords) at 12:55 AM
Labels: Music Review
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment