Let me first say that I was initially one of those people who said I would never watch this show because it would have to be ghetto. Truthfully it is not that way, I mean get past the way they speak (none of us are perfect) and what you see are two women trying to find themselves outside of their relationships with famous men.
I have to say that watching Toya sometimes makes me want to hug her, remember this girl had a baby at 14, 15 years old and is one of six children born to a absent father and a drug addict for a mother. Episode after episode I see this young woman trying to save her mother from destroying herself and it takes a therapist and several women in her family to convince her that she can not save someone who is not ready to be saved.
She clearly loves her mother and is trying to provide her with a better life (but is that something a child (of any age) should have to do for a parent.) Her mother is able bodied but has lost herself to drugs and the streets.
I encourage you to BET.COM and watch one of the episodes I think the one I was just referencing is 3 or 4. In one episode Toya decides that it is time for her to learn to swim so Tiny and another friend get her in the water and try to teach her. This ladies is what a friend does, a friend helps you conquer your fear not use it as armor in a battle.
Let me say that I also said that I would never watch The Real Housewives of Atlanta and I have steadfastly stuck by that decision. I will not watch it ever and will leave the room if someone else is. I can not stand to see grown women act like teenagers. How is it that two young women who's show everyone said would be a ghetto mess can act more mature than those four ladies. Not Kandi that's my girl.
Later Divas.
Friday, August 28, 2009
Hello, My name is Carla and I watch Tiny & Toya
Posted by Carla(LoverofWords) at 3:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment