BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Every child deserves a chance at life.

Yesterday while watching the local news they lead with two stories about two mothers.

One was a 17 year old girl whose baby was in the hospital. the baby was hooked up to a respirator and she attempted to smother the child. The monitor went off and the doctors were able to save the baby. Upon watching the video they questioned the mother who advised that she had tried to kill the baby and that this was not the first time.

The other mother was much other and the mother of two.. 2 and 5, she wrapped extension cords around their necks until they turned blue. The 5 year old was a boy and he died the other child is in critical condition. She called 911 herself.

Let me say that I am a advocate for children at all times. I am still a foster parent (although on break at this time).  I encourage you to please consider becoming one as well.. Because this is what happens when there are not enough foster parents available. The those children were allowed to stay with their mother although she had tried hurting them before (the second mother).  All it takes is enough room in your house and your heart. They can share a room with another child of the same sex and they are not all horrible children. And on that note let me say.. I have gotten the bad behavior report on kids I have taken in only to find that the child acted nothing like that.  The worst I had was a 22month old little boy who said "shit" once I told him not to say it. He did not say again. He had simply not been corrected..

All children deserve a chance to grow up without harm. If you have questions, I can help. I am tired of seeing these children die day after day at the hands of parents who do not want them. Or simply do not have the capacity to care for them.

2 comments:

Eve said...

WOnderful post Carla. Sometimes I have to turn from watching the news when a story comes on about a 'parent' hurting a child. It's so sad and makes me angry. I will become a foster/adoptive parent one day, God willing. Thank you for speaking for these children and their cause. Well done for putting your feelings into action.

Neecha said...

You and I share the same love for children and once my baby boy move out his room is going to be for a foster child or two. Each child deserve a chance at life and love! Thanks for posting this.