I am in the hospital. I came in around three a.m on Monday morning thinking that I was having a really bad asthma attack only to get here to find out that my heart had failed. I was informed that had I not come in that I would have died that night. What a rude awakening. I was admitted and a battery of tests have been performed. I was put into the cardiac unit and they have confirmed that I have congestive heart failure. My blood pressure is now under control but initially they could not regulate my blood sugar level even though they were giving me insulin.
Well needless to say I just spoke to the doctor who informed me that my kidneys have now failed. She explained that my blood work showed that my glucose levels were great and then determined that the medicine given to me in the ER was the culprit and is what caused my kidneys to fail. So now I await the kidney doctor to start treatment on me for that. I will be here a few more days.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
If you have not heard
Posted by Carla(LoverofWords) at 11:00 AM
Labels: My life at the moment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
NOOOOOOOOOO! I did not know! You are definitely in my prayers Carla and I thank GOD you went to the hospital when you did. Please keep us updated.
Carla,
I follow your blog. I might not comment much but please know that you will be in my prayers. I'm praying for a speedy recovery.
Wow, you are going through so much. I'm glad that you didn't die that night, and you have each and every day to praise the Maker.
Guess what, I have diabetes and am on insulin. It stinks, but it keeps me alive. I wish you great health, and happiness. :D
Post a Comment